It’s a new year, and one with so many promises, hopes and expectations. Like every New Year, people hope for the best, but you shouldn’t just hope for the best, but give in your best.
These 11 quotes should never be forgotten this year.
1. “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” — Oprah Winfrey
2. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something.” — Neil Gaiman
4. “The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.” — G.K. Chesterton
5. “I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me.” — Anaïs Nin
6. “One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this — To rise above the little things.” — John Burroughs
7. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” — Michael Altshuler
8. “Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.” — Hal Borland
9. “If you asked me for my New Year Resolution, it would be to find out who I am.” – Helen Keller
10. “Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed.” – Cavett Robert
11. “I think in terms of the day’s resolutions, not the years’.” — Henry Moore
Remember, your 2017 will be like 2016 if you keep making the mistakes of 2016, irrespective of the resolutions you make.